Sunday, July 24, 2011

landed

dream dream dream dream dream

I love when I remember my dreams with enough detail to analyze them. The heat wave is finally over and I can actually sleep at night, and sleep WELL at that...I also find sleeping well is paired with vivid dreams and then waking up thinking "Where am I?"

So. My dream...I was driving my Minneapolis housemates to the beach, but the route consisted of completely vertical rock faces, but I drove up them anyway, and I ran out of gas in about 1 mile and my engine started overheating and threatened to start a fire. We were at the top of this cliff, trying to figure out what to do, and somehow the car threw us from our seats and I was falling off the cliff. FALLING DREAM. I can't remember having a more significant falling dream. Now, dream dictionary says falling is a sign that you are overwhelmed, anxious, out of control of a situation, either at school or work or in a relationship. but...here's the thing...I landed. I caught the edge of a rock and skidded to a stop (kinda like a belly flop on a rock) and I somehow made it back to the top of the cliff to reunite with everyone else. so, I think my landing contradicts the connotations of the falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment