Wednesday, September 5, 2012

people today

33 days of officially living in Minneapolis, and I have randomly encountered 2 familiar faces. Thats an average of running into .06 people I see a day that I know. Which is in fact much higher than I thought it would be in a big city. The first person was Victoria Malawey on the bike path. I recognized her voice saying "on your left" and she stopped when I called out "Victoria Malawey! It is Ellen Blanchard!" That was probably only the second time I have ever called her Victoria to her face. Then, this evening while walking to the lake, I greeted a co-worker running by on the bike path. So far, I only see .06 people a day, but with a 100% bike path encounter rate.

Another crazy random happenstance was walking back after swimming, I saw a couple pushing their small child in a stroller. The wife had on a shirt screenprinted with the shape of Michigan. I complemented her and she immediately asked if I was from Michigan. I replied that I am indeed, from Petoskey. They stopped in their tracks and exclaimed that their last name was Petoskey. That could either mean they are Polish (Petoski) or they are related to Chief Ignatius himself. Their lineage is unclear because a great-distant-relative was adopted. Though they are from metro Detroit and they do enjoy sharing the name with a place they visit often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment